Start in Strasbourg and end in Beaune! With the Wine tasting tour Highlights of Burgundy & Alsace – 7 Days, you have a 7 days tour package taking you through Strasbourg, France and 7 other destinations in France.
A wine region famed for its eponymous wines as well as Pinot noirs, Chardonnay, Chablis and Beaujolais, Burgundy is a great location for vinophiles who enjoy a wide variety of tipples. But it’s not all about the alcohol, as the area also boasts a plethora of antiquated villages to transport you back to Middle Ages and the Renaissance, with the timber framed buildings of Troyes being a prime example of the area’s historic splendour. Follow up your tour of Burgundy with a visit to the fascinating Alsace region, which is renowned for its cultural fusion of Germanic and French influences, due to exchanging hands between the two countries over the years.
Day 01: Welcome to Strasbourg
Welcome to France. Independent arrival in Strasbourg.
The rest of the day is at leisure. Overnight in Strasbourg
Day 02: Strasbourg Gourmet Tour & Wine Tour of Alsace Region
In this historical morning, explore the heart of Strasbourg and taste some of the best gastronomic produce of this region across France and Germany. This afternoon, travel the Alsace wine route to taste amazing wines. Alsace has a dry and sunny climate, complex geology, favorable soils and excellent exposure, ideal for aromatic white wines.
First stop is in the lovely town of Obernai, where you will fall in love with its little streets, old houses with polychrome tiles, flags and fortifications. After a guided walking tour, enjoy a wine tasting session in traditional winery then continue along the Alsatian panoramic route. On your way, enjoy a second wine tasting session in a typical Alsace “caveau”.
Overnight in Strasbourg.
Day 03: Sunday – Colmar / Eguisheim / Riquewihr / Magnificent Haut Koenigsbourg castle
Today visit the lovely town of Colmar with its ancient monuments, the Pfister house, the Koïfhus, Saint Martin collegiate church, and much more… Then motor to delightful village of Eguisheim, surrounded by vineyards. Here, the half-timbered houses, lovingly decorated with flowers are built on narrow and concentric streets.
Continue to the village of Riquewihr, surrounded by ramparts. and survived to wars and destruction. Its small streets, strong walls and old houses have protected their 16C splendor essentially intact, making for remarkable architectural harmony. After free time for personal discovery, continue along the Spectacular Alsace “Wine Route”.
This 60-year-old route, between the Rhine valley and the Vosges mountain, zigzags across the slopes almost 110 miles.
The itinerary leads across series of undulating, vine covered hills, and through picturesque villages with narrow streets and charming houses decorated with beautiful flowers. You will see that any small group of church has its own church and bell tower. Finally, you will arrive to the magnificent Haut Koenigsbourg castle for a guided visit of the fortress that overlooks the valley, built to control the wine and wheat routes to the North and the salt route that came from the East.
Overnight in Strasbourg.
Day 04: Transfer to Dijon and high-speed train to Beaune
Today, meet your driver and transfer to Dijon where you will catch an high-speed train to Beaune.
Upon your arrival, private discover this beautiful small town of France ( optional guided tour).
This charming historic town is a true delight for architecture and wine lovers. Beaune can be easily explored by foot since most of main attractions are located within the walls. Reach Place Carnot and the main pedestrian areas that are dotted with restaurants, wine bars and shops.
Overnight in Beaune.
Day 05: Burgundy – Cote De Beaune Wine Tour / Hospices de Beaune
Today, explore the Côte de Beaune, where the vineyard covers 15 miles from north to south facing the morning sun. After an interesting visit, you will have your first tasting at Butter-Golden Meursault, where is produced one of the best meditative Chardonnay of Burgundy. wine tasting session around these elegant white wines.
Return to Beaune for a guided visit of the Hospices de Beaune, a former hospital founded in 1443 by the chancellor Nicolas Rolin, famous for its colorful polychromatic tile roofs.
Later, you will enjoy a unique wine tasting session in the heart of Beaune. including appellations such as Saint-Aubin, Auxey-Duresses, Saint-Romain, Corton-Charlemagne…
Overnight in Beaune.
Day 06: Burgundy – Cote De Nuits / Gevrey -Chambertin / Nuits-Saint-Georges
Start in the morning you wander through the Prestigious Vineyards of the Cote de Nuits: here you will find mainly red wines and the King of the Grapes is Pinot Noir!
The Côte de Nuits and Hautes Côtes de Nuits sit between Dijon and the small village of Corgoloin and the vineyards grow along a thin strip of land that is around 13 miles long and as narrow as 130 meters wide.
Our first stop will be in a domain located in a tiny village between Nuits-Saint-Georges and Beaune, owned by the same family for more than 4 generations. You will be introduced to the notion of “terroirs” which are very diverse and distinct in this particular area. Later you will reach the village of Gevrey – Chambertin where you will have free time. Gevrey -Chambertin, one of the most iconic wine appellations of Burgundy, is home to one third of the thirty-three grands crus of the region. Afternoon you will continue towards the Chateau de Vougeot, a symbol of more than a thousand year of History in Burgundy, even if today they do not produce wines anymore.
Finally you will stop at Nuits-Saint-Georges, a lively village with centuries-old history of winemaking, where you will have a commented tasting to comprehend what makes this wine region so special. Glass in hand, a wine expert will demonstrate how to taste some of the most prominent “terroirs” of Burgundy.
Day 07: Departure Day
Transfer to Airport. Goodbye and we Hope to see you again on your next visit.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.