Start and end in Douala! With the Adventure tour Mout Cameroon Trekking Adventure 09D/8N, you have a 09 days tour package taking you through Douala, Cameroon and 5 other destinations in Cameroon.
Mount Cameroon, still active volcano dominates its majesty the whole region Coastal. The “chariot of the gods” would have called it, according to legend, Hannon the Carthaginian is the highest peak in the country. With its 4100 m has survived a flora dating back to the fourth. You can practice trekking, excursions and hikes on the mountain. The climb to the top of the 4100 m is both fascinating and you will discover a nature breathtaking.
Day 01: Arrive in Douala
Upon arrival at International Airport. You will be welcomed by our Tours Staff. Once you have cleared customs formalities, our Guide will smooth through the rest of the arrivals process – currency exchange. Transferred to the hotel for overnight
Day 02: Douala – Buea
After breakfast, a guided visit to the city to learn about the life of African cities and local crafts with a quick tour of the city Then departure for the small town of Buea, located at the foot of Mount Cameroon.Preparation of the trek. Overnight at the Protestant Visitor Center.
Day 03: Buea – Man’s Spring (2,300 m)
The climb starts very early! From Buea, transfer to the starting point, at 1000 meters, in the middle of the rainforest. The first slopes are quite gentle, and a damp heat envelops us as we admire the beautiful trees and the first black lava flows. Behind us, much lower, reveal the black beaches of Limbe, small fishing port and seaside resort. On the side, Mount Etindé, the “Little Mount Cameroon”, announces the volcanic atmosphere of this summit. Then, coming out of the forest, a mysterious mist covers again the flanks of the mountain, the summit is still not visible, and the contrasts are very strong between the volcanic black earth and the tufts of green grass. The slope is recovering; we finally arrive at the second refuge, which we go beyond to set up our camp near the spring of Man’s Spring. Overnight in tents. 6 hours of walking. M: 1,350 m. D: 700 m
Day 04: Man’s Spring – Craters of Mount Cameroon – Man’s Spring
A full day of hiking on craters and eruptive mouths of 1980 and 1999. The observation of the summit plateau is exceptional: incredible declensions of dark volcanic rocks where are flowers grow and other plants offer a rare lunar landscape where cling fumaroles and mysterious mists of mists. Return to camp the day before. Overnight in tents. 5 hours of walking.
Day 05: Man’s Spring – Mount Cameroon Summit – Camp
Early departure for the summit. The fumaroles and lava flow remind us that this volcano is active! The slope is becoming softer on the top; we must go around and pass several craters, cones or hornitos before finally reaching the summit of Mount Cameroon, the highest point in West Africa. It is rare to be able to observe the plain, often covered by a mist. Descent to the camp, about 2,850 meters. Overnight in tents. 6 hours of walking. M: 1,750 m. D: 1,200 m.
Day 06: Camp – Buea
Last descent through the forest. The slope becomes more and more gentle, and in the late morning, our last steps take us back to Buea, where we will enjoy the rest of the day to stroll. Overnight at the hotel. 4 hours of walking. D: 2,000 m
Day 07: Buea – Bafang – Nkongsamba
From Buea, we leave towards Bafang, capital of Haut-Nkam, in the Western province, in the heart of the Bamileke country, the tribe of Cameroonian traders, Cameroon’s largest ethnic group. Visit of the Bafang chieftaincy and meeting with the king, mystic chief and spiritual and feudal monarch. It is also the discovery of secret. societies, traditional rites and dances, as well as the weekly eight-day calendar. At the end of the day, drive to our accommodation near Nkongsamba. Overnight in an inn
Day 08: Nkongsamba – Manengouba Mountains – Nkongsamba
A complete day of discovery of the splendid reliefs of the Manengouba mountains, with their two crater lakes called “the male” and “the female”. Walks near the old grassy volcanic cones and, at the end of the day, descent to the villa Luciole, Mbouroukou. Overnight in an inn. 7 hours of walking. M and D: 1,250 m.
Day 09: Nkongsamba – Douala – Home
Early in the morning, we leave the grassy slopes and our charming accommodation to cross the great forests and small villages that bring us back to Douala. Stalls of exotic fruits, street vendors and other curious await us at every stop. The final day, arrival in Douala, a huge African city built on the banks of the Wouri River. Installation at the hotel for day use. Discover Douala by night, tasting local dishes, return to the hotel and transfer at the airport to catch your flight back home.
|Douala||01||Douala Design Hotel|
|Buea||01||Protestant Visitor Center|
|Man’s Spring||02||Tented Accommodation|
|Mount Cameroon summit||01||Tented Accommodation|
|Buea||01||Protestant Visitor Center|
|Nkongsamba||01||In An Inn at Mbouroukou.|
|Mbouroukou.||01||In An Inn at Mbouroukou.|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 08 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entry fees as per mentioned in the program
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.