Start and end in Rome! With the Discovery tour The Italian Dream – 8 Days, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Rome, Italy and 7 other destinations in Italy.
Day 01: Arrival To Rome
Arrival at the airport in Rome. You will be greeted by our local representatives after exiting the customs and transferred to your hotel in Rome. The rest of your day is free for you to relax or start your exploration of the Eternal City.
Day 02: Rome – Assisi – Siena – Florence
Breakfast at your hotel. Departure around 7:30 am from your hotel for a short drive to Assisi where you will explore at leisure this historical town surrounded by walls built in the Middle Ages. Take your time to visit the Basilica of St. Francis, where you will see masterpieces by Giotto and Cimabue. Lunch at leisure. In the afternoon, continuation to Siena, a UNESCO World Heritage Site famous for the Palio, an historical horse race around the shell-shaped town square Piazza del Campo. You will have some free time in Siena to discover the medieval city center and then you will continue to Florence, where you will check in at your hotel before enjoying dinner and a well-earned night of rest.
Day 03: Florence
After breakfast at the hotel, you will meet your local guide and start an interesting tour of Florence, dubbed as “The Cradle of the Renaissance” where with the help of Michelangelo, Italian art reached its pinnacle. Based on Etruscan-roman origins, the city flourished in the Middle Ages as a free “commune” and was further refined by the Renaissance. You will be fascinated by its uncountable monuments, churches, and buildings such as Santa Maria del Fiore, more commonly referred to as the Duomo. During your visit, you will be amazed by its magnificent dome built by Filippo Brunelleschi, its campanile tower designed by Giotto and its baptistery with its bronze doors that Michelangelo dubbed the “Gates of Paradise”. In the heart of the city, you will also see the Piazza Della Signoria, the Palazzo Vecchio and the Basilica of Santa Croce.
Following lunch at a typical Tuscan restaurant located at the Piazza Santa Croce, spend the afternoon at leisure strolling the cobblestone streets of Florence (return transfer to the hotel is not included) or opt for an optional trip to Pisa (approximately 45 euros per person payable in cash directly at destination). Pisa is one of the four main historical marine republics of Italy. You will tour the Piazza dei Miracoli with the Duomo, Pisa’s world-famous “Leaning Tower” and the Baptistery. Dinner at leisure and overnight in Florence.
Day 04: Florence – Bologna – Padova – Venice
Breakfast at the hotel. Departure toward Bologna where you will discover the elegant city center with its almost 40km-long porticoes that are one of the defining features of the city’s architecture. From the Piazza Malpighi, you will walk to the Piazza del Nettuno and the Piazza Maggiore in the heart of the city, then you will see the Palazzo Re Enzo constructed in the 13th century as an extension to the Palazzo Podestà and finally the Basilica of San Petronio, one of the biggest in the world. Bologna is a real gourmet’s heaven so don’t miss a tasty meal for your lunch at leisure.
In the afternoon, you will continue toward Padova where you will see the Basilica di Sant’Antonio da Padua, one of the most visited churches of the Catholic world. Later in the afternoon, you will arrive in Venice, “The City of love”, one of the most romantic cities in the world and undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities on Earth! Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Venice.
Day 05: Venice
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a private water-taxi transfer to the Piazza San Marco with ‘’Skip the line’’ tickets to visit the splendid St. Mark’s Basilica. The rest of the day is free for you to roam along Venice’s canals and palaces (return transfer to the hotel is not included). Wander the winding streets and explore the most iconic places of the “Floating city”: the Palazzo dei Dogi, symbol of Venice’s glorious past and the legendary Rialto Bridge, the oldest of four bridges spanning the Grand Canal, bustling with gondolas. Dinner at leisure and overnight in Venice.
Day 06: Venice – Montepulciano (Tuscany wine region) – Rome
Breakfast at the hotel and departure toward Tuscany, a beautiful region celebrated for its scenic landscapes, its churches and castles, and its world-renowned wines. You will proceed to val di Chiana with a stop in Montepulciano, a medieval town with a rich history. Famous for its “Vino Nobile”, available for purchase in local wine houses, Montepulciano also hosts an annual jazz and wine festival every July. The lunch will be included in a typical restaurant. After your lunch, enjoy some free time to relax before heading to Rome. Dinner at leisure and overnight in Rome.
Day 07: Rome.
After breakfast at the hotel, around 8:00 am, departure for a morning tour of the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica with “Skip the Line” ticket. Upon arrival, your local guide will lead you into the museums where you will visit one of the most important art collections in the world. You will walk along the beautiful Galleries of Tapestries and Geographical Maps before admiring Raphael’s Rooms and the amazing Sistine Chapel, completed in the 16th century. Then, you will be taken through a privileged door to St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world and one of the most stunning. The tour will end on St. Peter’s Square.
Enjoy the rest of the day to explore the city at your own pace (return transfer to the hotel is not included). You can opt for an “HOP ON HOP OFF – I LOVE ROME” bus ticket (approximately 30 euros per person payable in cash directly at destination) to reach the major sites of the Ancient Rome such as the Colosseum and the Roman Forum and get closer to your hotel. In the evening, relax on the patio of a local restaurant and enjoy an aperitivo before your dinner (not included). Overnight in Rome.
Day 08: Depart Rome.
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Venice||02||Hilton Garden Inn|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.