Start and end in Helsinki! With the Northern Lights tour The Northern Lights of Finland, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Helsinki, Finland and Ivalo,.
Hunt for the elusive northern lights and discover fascinating Finland, “Daughter of the Baltic.” Come to know Finnish culture and history on a tour of Helsinki with a local expert. Savor the local cuisine in Helsinki’s restaurants. Experience rugged Lapland during a 3-night stay in the north of Finland.
Day 01: Helsinki, Finland – Tour Begins
Hei Helsinki! Finland’s vibrant capital, where history converges with architectural style and combines with a laid-back vibe across beautiful islands and pristine public parks, welcomes you. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Helsinki
Join a local expert for an engaging city tour. If Finland’s heart beats in Helsinki, then Helsinki’s core is in Senate Square, home of Helsinki Cathedral, the city’s most iconic building. Walk the streets of empiric-designed Tori Quarters before enjoying some free time in Market Square, the city’s most famous international market. Become transfixed by the sprawling lawns, rocky cliffs, and ornate villas of Kaivopuisto Park. During your leisure time, explore more of Helsinki independently.
Day 03: Helsinki – Kakslauttanen – Northern Lights Search
Escape to northernmost Finland’s winter wonderland on board a flight to Ivalo and magical Lapland. Like a storybook come to life, Lapland’s culture is steeped in myth and legend. Relish encounters with reindeer and unspoiled views of the northern lights.* At the breathtaking Kakslauttanen Resort, spend two nights in your very own Finnish log cabin** indulging in your personal Finnish sauna and other unique fixtures. Trek north toward Inari on a chase for the northern lights.* Stops along the pursuit allow you the chance for a front-row seat at nature’s dazzling, electric light show.*
Day 04: Kakslauttanen – Santa Claus’ Home – Reindeer Safari – Northern Lights
Hit the snow and mush to breakfast aboard an authentic Finnish sleigh. From Kakslauttanen, head to the home of Santa Claus, an epicenter of Christmas cheer. Among prancing reindeer, learn about Santa’s origins during a meet and greet at his house. Under the Arctic moonlight, a reindeer farmer introduces you to some friendly Lappish reindeer that will escort you on an exhilarating reindeer safari through remote Kakslauttanen. Gain insight into the importance of reindeer herding to the Sámi indigenous culture. Sip warm berry juice, a Finnish tradition, under the cover of blankets in the surround of northern Finland’s unspoiled wilderness as you continue the search for the elusive northern lights.*
Day 05: Kakslauttanen – Husky Safari – Northern Lights Search
Breathe in the fresh Arctic air this morning and step into the role as leader of your own dog sled team. Zoom through the wilderness on a husky safari, driving your husky guides that are as fast as they are adorable. Spend some time getting to know these amazing dogs and learn about their different commands. You’ll also be introduced to the equipment you’ll need to experience this incredible Arctic adventure at its best. Enjoy your last night in the heart of the Lappish wilderness, nestled in your incredible – and private – glass igloo.*** You may even see the northern lights* dancing overhead.
Day 06: Kakslauttanen – Helsinki
Say goodbye to enchanting Lapland and fly back to Helsinki. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure. Explore the city’s central squares and get in tune with the latest Finnish trends at a collection of charming shops. Tonight, in downtown Helsinki, toast to grand adventures and new friends.
Day 07: Helsinki – Tour Ends
Set out for home with incredible memories and a longing to return.
|Helsinki||02||Radisson Blu Plaza|
|Kakslauttanen||03||Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort East Village|
|Helsinki||01||Radisson Blu Plaza|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per mentioned in the program
– All transfers, sightseeing by private vehicle.
– English speaking guide.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.