Start and end in Tallinn! With the Sightseeing tour The Best of The Baltics Round Trip in 10 days (Guaranteed departure), you have a 10 days tour package taking you through Tallinn, Estonia and 9 other destinations in Europe.
Day 01: Arrive Tallinn
Welcome to Estonia and the capital Tallinn. Upon arrival at Tallinn airport you’ll be met and transferred to your hotel in the heart of the city. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 02: Lahemaa National Park and Tartu
Tallinn – Tartu – Cesis. Departing Tallinn this morning we make our way to Lahemaa National Park. Located just 70km from the Estonia capital this national park encompasses 475 sq km of stunning pine forest, lakes and cultural attractions. This morning we’ll visit the manor house in Palmse, this beautiful baroque mansion dates back over 300 years with a fascinating history and a number of restorations over that period bringing to its current splendor. We will also visit Vihula manor house.
Later we’ll continue to Tartu, a university town which holds great significance in Estonian history. We will explore the charming old town as well as the university which was founded in 1632. Our next stop is Cesis in Latvia, a Hanseatic city with winding streets, castle ruins and beautiful gardens.
Day 03: Sigulda
Cesis – Vilnius. After breakfast we depart Cesis and drive through the luscious green canopy of Gauja National Park en route to Sigulda. Sigulda is a popular holiday resort and home to the Castle of the Knights of the Sword, originally built in 1207. After exploring this impressive structure we continue south towards Vilnius. En route we will visit the magnificent Rundale Palace, the former summer residence of the Duke of Courland, where will take a guided tour.
This afternoon we cross the border into Lithuania before arriving into Vilnius. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Vilnius.
Day 04: Vilnius
Vilnius – Klaipeda. Known for its medieval architecture and home to over 1,200 buildings and 48 churches that date back to this period, Vilnius is a beautiful capital and one that’s bursting with fascinating history. This morning we’ll enjoy a sightseeing tour of the highlights, visiting the old town we’ll explore Vilnius Cathedral, Gediminas Tower, the Peter and Paul Church, St Anna’s Church , the Old University and the Gates of Dawn. Departing Vilnius we’ll continue to Trakai, the true medieval capital of Lithuania. Here we’ll discover the magnificently well preserved 14th century Trakai Castle, impressively positioned on an island in Lake Galve.
Later this afternoon we head for our stop for the night, Klaipeda, a port city where the Baltic sea meets the Dane river.
Day 05: Klaipeda or Optional Curonian Spit Tour
Today offers free time to explore Klaipeda at your own pace. Alternatively you can join a full day optional tour to the Curonian Spit. This evening there will be the opportunity to join an optional Lithuanian dinner at the restaurant ’19th Century’.
Day 06: Klaipeda and Samogitia National Park
Klaipeda – Samogitia National Park – Riga. This morning we discover the charming town of Klaipeda. It first became a part of Lithuania in 1923 and had for a long time before this been a German town with the name of Memel. Strolling through the old town with its narrow, cobblestone streets and old guild house we reach the Theatre Square and the Aennchen Von Tharau Fountain.
Leaving Klaipeda we make our way to Samogitia National Park, here we’ll discover the beautiful Lithuanian countryside and will take a peaceful walk around one of the lakes within the national park, Lake Plateliai. We’ll then continue to Siauliai and the Hill of Crosses, one of the most revered and holiest sites of Catholic Lithuania. Next we’ll north and cross back into Latvia, arriving into Riga late this afternoon.
Day 07: Explore Riga
Today we explore Riga, the largest of the Baltic capitals it boasts a fantastic array of architectural styles and practices. Riga’s foundation dates back to 1201 when the German bishop Albert arrived. On our walking tour this morning we’ll visit Riga Castle, the Dome Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, the Swedish Gates along with other fascinating parts of the city which demonstrate its rich history.
This afternoon is free for you to further explore Riga independently or to join an optional visit to Jurmala, the vibrant Latvian seaside resort. This evening there will be the opportunity to join an optional Latvian dinner at the stylish ‘Forest’ restaurant.
Day 08: Summer Resort of Parnu
Riga – Tallinn. After breakfast we continue our journey, making our way along the coastal highway we cross back into Estonia. Arriving into Parnu, we’ll explore this popular Estonian summer resort before continuing to Tallinn. Once we’ve checked in to our hotel in Tallinn the rest of the day is at leisure to explore independently.
Day 09: Tallinn Tour
With its exciting blend of medieval tranquility and modern urban life, Tallinn is a fantastically interesting capital city. The medieval Old Town is unsurprisingly a bustling place during the summer months with people going in and out of the various shops, galleries and cafes. Our sightseeing tour today starts by exploring the old city walls before we head into the heart of the Old Town, visiting the Toompea Castle, now home to the Estonian Parliament, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Great Guild Hall.
This afternoon is free for you to further explore Tallinn independently or to join an optional visit to Kadriorg Park and the newly built KUMU. This evening there will be the opportunity to join an optional medieval dinner at the ‘Maikrahv’ restaurant.
Day 10: Tallinn
Our Baltic experience ends after breakfast this morning and hotel check out. A transfer will be provided to take you to Tallinn Airport.
|Tallinn||01||Hotel Swissôtel Tallinn|
|Cesis||01||Villa Santa Hotel|
|Vilnius||02||Radisson Blu Royal Astorija|
|Riga||02||Pullman Riga Old Town|
|Tallinn||02||Hotel Swissôtel Tallinn|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 09 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entry fee as per mentioned in the program
– English Speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.